Welcome! Here’s an explanation of this white-girl-status blog.
I’ve been a vegetarian since 2010, and it attracts a lot of attention even now in my group of friends and family. I mean, it’s not that hard! Meat is easy to not eat. I don’t miss it in the slightest, either. I’m passionate about cooking and determined to prove that we vegetarians eat just as well as omnivores. So, I have three purposes in writing and posting here:
1. Direct my friends who are curious to eat non-meat meals here.
2. Challenge myself to be a better cook by trying more new things and talking about them.
3. Use my camera equipment sometimes (the cobwebs are fierce/grad school was long).
Finally, i have employed a few rating systems on my posts. The first is a difficulty level. I think they’re pretty self-explanatory. I also try to rate each meal based on cost efficiency in case any readers are budget-conscious like myself. Finally, I try to provide a nutritional rating. Here are a few bullet point on my rating system for nutrition:
- I’m not afraid of carbohydrates. I will mark gluten-free recipes, but it’s not the rule around here.
- Fats are not to be avoided. They’re a macronutrient and help to keep you full for longer. That said, monounsaturated fats are definitely a positive, and I will always mention that they’re involved when they are. I do not give demotions for small portions of cheese in a recipe.
- Greens greens greens!! I try to have them in every meal.
- Finally, and most importantly: The more COLORFUL, the more nutritious!!
I hope you find something tasty to try! Happy chef-ing